GUYS AND DOLLS
Casting actors ages 16+ with strong acting and singing ability.
Monday, June 20, 2022.
Masks may be required during Callbacks.
begin Tuesday, July 5, at 6:00pm.
Rehearsals are usually scheduled during evening hours on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. You will only be called to rehearse when you are needed. A detailed complete schedule will be provided early in the rehearsal process.
NO CONFLICTS ALLOWED:
August 20 – September 4
Friday, August 26, 7:30pm
Saturday, August 27, 2:00pm
Saturday, August 27, 7:30pm
Sunday, August 28, 2:00pm
Friday, September 2, 7:30pm
Saturday, September 3, 2:00pm
Saturday, September 3, 7:30pm
Sunday, September 4, 2:00 pm
Each performer will be asked to abide by the rules of Desert Stages Theatre.
Each performer will be asked to help promote this DST show.
Safety will be priority #1 as we continue to bring LIVE THEATRE back to the DST stage!
Scottsdale Desert Stages Theatre
Mainstage Production of
GUYS AND DOLLS
Directed by Gary Crumm
Music-directed by Cathy Hauan
For Video Auditions, please prepare:
1) Submit your Headshot and resume (digital copy or a link will work)
2) A monologue in the vein of the character you desire.
3) 16-24 bars of a Musical Theatre Song.
4) A Slate with your name/pieces/role you want to be considered for.
Things to remember when submitting your Video Audition:
– Please slate at the beginning of your video. (State your name, age, height, and the role(s) for which you would like to be considered.)
– Use a well-lit room so we can clearly see your face.
– Submit Audition Video to email@example.com by noon, June 15, 2022.
– If you are unable to submit or are having issues uploading your video audition, please contact DST at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Please bring a $50 script deposit in the form of a check payable to DESERT STAGES THEATRE to the first rehearsal. (Checks are NOT deposited unless scripts are not returned to Stage Manager before strike of show.)
– Some costume pieces may need to be purchased/provided personally by actors.
– Each performer will be asked to help promote this DST show.
For the safety of actors, production team, and DST staff, DST reserves the right to change its COVID-19 policies at any time.
Masks may be required during rehearsals and performances.
OTHER THEATRE POLICIES:
Each performer and production team member will be asked to abide by the rules of Desert Stages Theatre.
Show communications will be through SLACK app.
DST COVID-19 Procedures and Policies can be referenced HERE
Set in Damon Runyon’s mythical New York City, Guys and Dolls is an oddball romantic comedy. Gambler Nathan Detroit tries to find the cash to set up the biggest craps game in town while the authorities breathe down his neck; meanwhile, his girlfriend and nightclub performer, Adelaide, laments that they’ve been engaged for fourteen years. Nathan turns to fellow gambler Sky Masterson for the dough, and Sky ends up chasing the strait-laced missionary Sarah Brown as a result. Guys and Dolls takes us from the heart of Times Square to the cafes of Havana, Cuba, and even into the sewers of New York City, but eventually everyone ends up right where they belong.
Actors of all races, ethnicities, sizes, abilities, and genders (conforming and non-conforming) are highly encouraged to audition.